Latest blog posts
When I’m asked what my job is, I reply “I watch TV for a living”. Like a lot of people at Red Bee Media I do a job that’s complicated to explain, so I make light of it.
The long heralded convergence of television, video, broadcast and the internet is reaching a tipping point.
- Live TV: Not Just For Sport and Reality Shows
- Five lessons from Chipotle's Cannes Grand Prix Wins
- Will Twitter's plan to own the Euro 2012 conversation pay off?
- What Does It Take to Be a Subtitler?
- Where's the Money in the Second Screen?
- The Challenges of Subtitling Music
- Attention, Familiarity & Context: Creating a model for social TV, part 2
- Why Social TV Needs Measurability
- The Perils Of Subtitling: Four Candles and Julio Geordio
- Olympics 2012: Why Sponsors Need to Create Content, Not Just Badge It
- Why Data is Key to Building Long-Term Viewer Relationships
- A Day in the Life of an Audio Describer
- Is All TV Social By Design? Creating a Model for Social TV, Part 1
- 3 Popular Myths about Subtitling
- Why Channel 4Seven’s Scheduler Has Their Work Cut Out
- A Day in the Life of a Subtitler
- Watermarking vs. Fingerprinting: How to Synch Companion Apps
- Can Netflix Change the Way TV is Made?
- Scaling a segment of one
- NAB 2012: Time to ask embarrassing questions …
- Acquisition and Postproduction Technologies: What to Expect at NAB
- What Big Metadata Means for the Future of TV
- Major Players Square Up in Battle for Online Revenues
- MIPCube: Will Twitter’s common language for social TV revolutionise advertising?
- Will the Future of TV Be Social or Personal?
- Have Viewers Become More Willing to Pay for Content?
- 3 Trends That Will Transform the EPG
- Does the 30-Second Spot have a Future?
- How Twitter and Facebook are Changing TV
- Olswang Predicts Mobile’s Impact on TV: The Convergent Revolution
- Does TV Check-in Have a Future?
- Are Tablets a Threat to TV as We Know It?
- What the New Facebook Changes Mean for TV
- Does Twitter Drive TV Ratings?
- Is There Any Money in Social TV? 5 Emerging Trends
- Technology and Creativity to Power TV Brands of the Future
- Are Second Screen Apps the Next Big Thing for TV?