TV5MONDEplus launched globally on September 9th, 2020, in 194 countries.
TV5MONDEplus was created with the support of the governments of the five countries that initiated TV5MONDE (France, Canada, Switzerland, Wallonia-Brussels and Quebec). Its mission is to promote French-speaking content and to promote the programs of its partner channels, TV5MONDE’s own productions, as well as co-productions and programs acquired all over the world. TV5MONDEplus is currently streaming French-speaking series, films, documentaries and children’s content in 194 countries around the world.
"Working with Red Bee was essential for successfully launching TV5MONDEplus. With Red Bee Media’s OTT platform, we got access to first-class streaming and broadcasting expertise, as well as crucial features such as advanced advertising tech and geo-blocking functionality. This allows us to offer a high-end user-experience comparable to the biggest streaming services available. We are looking forward to continuing this cooperation, developing TVMONDEplus for the benefit of global audiences.”
Launch a brand new and complex multinational VOD service during global pandemic
- Launch the new TV5MONDEplus VOD platform during a global pandemic, with an accelerated timeframe and specific list of production requirements.
- The new platform needed to be available in every region, on multiple types of mobile devices as well as the web and set top boxes.
Red Bee’s OTT Platform
- Red Bee’s OTT platform delivered all customer requirements, including back- and front-end apps, compatibility with multiple device types, advanced advertising technology, geo-blocking and content localization.
- Streaming French language series, films, documentaries and children’s content in full HD quality to 193 countries.
- The new platform enables ongoing technical and editorial development, supporting new features to improve user experiences and expand distribution.