Technology is starting to seriously drive change in the media industry. In part this can be attributed to the proliferation of high speed internet access, combined with innovations such as the Kindle Fire changing the landscape and setting the trend of things to come.
Will another company as game-changing as Google enter the market in the next ten years? Will Facebook become the leading distributor of video content by 2020? How should digital rights issues be tackled?
To help meet this complex challenge, we have launched a year long programme of discovery; Tomorrow Calling.
Hosted by Raymond Snoddy, the first webinar took place in September 2011 and addressed the impact of changing technology on the media industry.
- Claire Tavernier, Senior Executive Vice President, FMX and Worldwide Drama at FreMantle
- John Bishop, Director of Strategic Initiatives at Cisco
- Ian Mecklenburgh, Director of Consumer Platforms and Devices at Virgin Media
- Bruce Daisley, Sales Director, YouTube and Display at Google
- Dharmash Mistry, Partner at Balderton Capital
- Steve Plunkett, Director of Technology and Innovation at Red Bee Media
Topics in this webinar include:
- The Media Landscape in 2020
- The Future of Connected TVs
- Mobile and Tablet Devices
- Content Discovery
- Content, distribution and monetisation